[Nagios-users] Service dependency for nrpe on nagios 3.2.3

Ton Voon tonvoon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:02:23 UTC 2010

On 21 Oct 2010, at 19:41, Mathieu Gagné wrote:

> I applied the patch to HEAD but did not have the chance to test it.
> However I'm confident it will work fine.
>
> Hopefully this patch will be applied to the HEAD of Nagios as it is
> really useful to us. :)

That's a very useful feature. In Opsview, you set the dependency at
the service check level and it generates all the service dependencies
automatically (screencast at http://bit.ly/c8EiW1 )

But your patch would make it easier for all Nagios users.

I'll make you a deal: if you can provide a test case which includes
this service dependency configuration and the expected object.cache
file, I'll apply this to CVS.

See testing information at http://wiki.nagios.org/index.php/Nagios_Core_Developer_Guidelines#Configuration_file_tests

Ton