[Nagios-users] Service dependency's

william pink will.pink at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a long list of sites which I monitor with check_http, the sites are
part of one application and usually if one site goes down they are all down.
What I want to do is configure servicedependency so I can minimise the
amount of notifications going out but obviously notify if individual sites
go down too.

This is what I have currently

define servicedependency{
        hostgroup_name                  win-sites
        service_description             HTTP Check
        dependent_hostgroup_name        win-sites
        dependent_service_description   HTTP2 Check
        notification_failure_criteria   c,u
        execution_failure_criteria      o,c,w,u,p
        }

HTTP check & HTTP2 check are doing the same thing.

What would be the best way to deal with this?

Thanks,
Will