[Nagios-users] Question on Distributed Setup for hosts & hostgroups

steve f a31modela at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:56:56 UTC 2010

I am building a package to send out to 500 locations to set up a distributed Nagios 3.2 environment.

I have scripts written that when the nagios package is dropped in a location, the script creates a hosts.cfg & a hostgroup.cfg file on the remote distributed server for the hosts he will monitor.

I just want to be 100 % sure that if  the central server is not doing active checks, does the central server still have to have every remote host listed in its hosts.cfg and the hostgroup.cfg files?

Thanks,

Steve