[Nagios-users] CPU monitor for a single Linux user space process ?

Mike Lindsey mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
Thu Dec 16 05:42:51 UTC 2010

On 12/15/10 5:05 PM, Bruce Edge wrote:
> Rookie question here. Trying to determine nagios suitability for an
> embedded app.
>
> Can I monitor the CPU utilization for a single user space process on a
> Linux box with nagios?
> And, can I define an action if it exceeds a threshold?

Sounds like you need check_snmp_process.pl from here:
http://nagios.manubulon.com/snmp_process.html

I've been using it, it works quite well.  It requires snmpd, but is
basically the swiss army knife of user-space process monitoring.

To "define an action" you need to set up an event handler.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/eventhandlers.html

--
Mike Lindsey