[Nagios-users] low-cost snmp-enabled temperature sensor?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Thu Dec 9 18:16:41 UTC 2010

Can anyone recommend a low-cost external temperature sensor that doesn't
require the buyer to break out a soldering iron?

Preferably it would be SNMP-enabled so I can poll it from anything.
Power-over-ethernet would be great too.

The least expensive snmp-enabled sensor I've found so far is this one at
195 USD:
http://avtech.com/Products/Temperature_Monitors/TemPageR_3E.htm

I've also noted probes like this one at 15 USD:
http://www.ibuttonlink.com/t-sense.aspx

...but the systems in the site where I'd hook this up are all Windows,
so I'm not sure how I'd get from there into Nagios.

Trever Furnish, tgfurnish at herffjones.com
Herff Jones, Inc. Solutions Architect
Phone: 317.612.3519
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Unix.