[Nagios-users] Monitoring remote hosts

Rikard Dahlberg ej_seg at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:52:34 UTC 2010

Hello

I'm just starting with nagios and im trying to learn everything at once.
At this moment im trying to get a remote windows 2008 server to be monitored, its on a different network so i've decided to use NSCA to monitor it via passive checks.
However I get an error message at the remote server saying "Could not connect to: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5667 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." And i've checked in the /usr/local/nagios/var/log/nagios.log and the /var/log/syslog.log files and they come up blank.

Im sure ive set up same encryption on both sides and im sure that they both use the same password...
Any ideas how to start troubleshooting it? And since im new to nagios, please explain thouroly :)

//Rikard