[Nagios-users] Check size of large directory

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Thu Dec 2 15:31:09 UTC 2010

Hi

I need to check the size of a directory...

The problem is that this directory is very large (needs to stay under
1TB - that's why I need the check) and I cannot move it to an own
partition (content is hard-linked)

So I tried to write the size of this directory into a file (content does
not change very often) an check the content of this file via nagios.

Something like daily do
# du -m -s $dir > $file

Does anyone know about a plugin that can do this?

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de