[Nagios-users] Nagios, REL, and Postfix

Drew Myers drew.myers at innerwireless.com
Thu Apr 26 17:43:07 UTC 2007

Ok, I admit it, I'm a bonehead.

I migrated from sendmail to postfix. I have several passive checks that
run by way of REL.  I did not anticipate breaking this functionality,
but I have.

In the maillog, I have the following entries:

Command died with status 13: "/usr/local/nagios/bin/smtpreceiver.pl".
Command output: Can't open /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd for writing:
Permission denied )

The permissions on the pipe are:

prw-rw----  1 nagios nagios 0 Apr 26 12:41 /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd

If I change from 0660 to 0666, everything works fine.

I realize this is actually a postfix issue, not nagios, but I thought
someone on the list might have encountered this problem and have a slick
fix close to hand.

Thanks for any assistance.

Drew