[Nagios-devel] Livestatus with Nagios 4

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Sep 24 09:09:42 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 10:30 AM, Mathias Kettner wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for your work! We're quite busy so we had no time yet to
> even try out Nagios 4.
>
> Do you think it would be easily possible to have a common code
> base for N3 and N4 for Livestatus (kind of #ifdef)?

Since most Nagios headers are included from a single place, it
shouldn't be that hard. I'm not sure I'll have time to look into it
before the conference (as I haven't written my presentations yet),
but I'll look into it. Nagios 3 will be default in that case, and
Nagios 4 will have to be enabled explicitly. My autoconf-fu is
pretty weak, but I think I could manage that.

> Also I've seen that you removed some columns that seem to not
> exist in N4. We'd need at least dummy columns here so that
> code relying on that columns will not break.

Good idea. I'll readd them.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.