[Nagios-devel] New Nagios dev branch?

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Tue Feb 9 11:55:03 UTC 2010

On 9 Feb 2010, at 11:41, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

>> Any feedback? Some people might think there is a lack of development
>> in Nagios :)
>>

> I'm kinda torn on this option. If Nagios is given the option to accept
> check results via a socket rather than from temporary files, there's
> no harm in having the checking daemons sit on a different server, with
> possibly a feeder daemon in between to handle authentication, security
> and multiplexing.

Cheers for the opinion.

This is not about having check results though - that's a completely
different path of logic because if it was a check result then there's
other processing like parent-child dependencies/notifications/event
handlers could be invoked. This patch is about selectively changing or
adding to existing retention data.

> I'm for it, but I feel it would be redundant with a different fix.

I'm fine with ripping it out afterwards if there is a better way, but
I'm erring on the side of functionality now rather than in some
unspecified time in the future.

Ton