[Nagios-devel] Config from PostgreSQL

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 7 15:37:06 UTC 2010

On 12/07/2010 04:27 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> Apparently this solution does not meet the requirements of my boss. I
> am perfectly happy to hack the core, as this task is my "trial week"
> assignment and they've thrown me right in at the deep-end. I am fine
> with a quick and dirty solution, but I am not sure where I should
> start.

You plan on getting this fully implemented in a single week? I wonder
if your boss quite understands the magnitude of the task he's assigned
you.

> I'll be extremely grateful if you can give me pointers as to where to
> codeis, I'll work out the hack myself.

xdata/xodtemplate.c if you really want to hack the core. I won't take
the patches though, so you (or some other unlucky trial weekling) will
have to make sure it keeps working if you want to keep on using it with
later versions of Nagios.

Good luck. I've got a feeling you're gonna need it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.