[Nagios-devel] child exit status diff

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu May 14 13:09:53 UTC 2009

Hiren Patel wrote:
> wondering if this was valid, posted to the list a while ago but didn't
> get an answer.
> diff attached.

This is wrong, as WEXITSTATUS() sometimes returns 0 even though the child
was killed by a signal. In such cases, Nagios needs to notice the state
and do something appropriate with it. The current behaviour is, I think,
the correct one. What was the observed problem that this patch fixed for
you? The original post doesn't give a particular reason for the patch
either.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.