[Nagios-devel] Reasons to not release in house GPL'd code (was Future of Nagios)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 8 07:38:13 UTC 2009

Steven D. Morrey wrote:

[ a very thorough and concise writeup of why companies really
  prefer not to release in-house modifications to GPL apps ]

Thanks. I've been fortunate enough to only work on the other end of
the spectrum, where releasing something is considered to create a
lot of goodwill, but the reasons you mentioned makes sense. Oh, wait.
They don't, to me, but I can see how they do to others at least, which
is nearly the same thing ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.