[Nagios-devel] Nagios is dead! Long live Icinga!

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 6 14:12:24 UTC 2009

Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Gerhard Lausser schrieb am Wednesday, den 06. May 2009:
>
>> It was bound to happen.
>> Today a group of fed up members of the Nagios community announced Icinga,
>> "an Open Source Monitoring System, based on the well-known software Nagios".
>> http://www.icinga.org/
> *snip*
>
> And for me it is time to look for a monitoring solution beside of Nagios.
> With the move of nagios trunk a the new fork to php nagios is dead. Anybody
> who is using php for administrative stuff must be just insane.

Umm... Are you saying you're moving away from Nagios because the user
interface will be written in PHP rather than C? If that's the case, I
think it's possibly you who're insane. The core engine will, I assume,
remain as a C program.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.