[Nagios-devel] ndo1.4b1 DB structure issue

Sébastien Barbereau barbereau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:24:53 UTC 2007

Hi,
as I've been playing with the new 1.4b1 of the ndo databroker I noticed that
the nagios_service_contacts and nagios_host_contacts are not properly
"updated".

When ndo2db is updating the nagios_host_contacts table he does :
INSERT INTO nagios_host_contacts SET instance_id='1', host_id='3',
contact_object_id='34' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE instance_id='1', host_id='3',
contact_object_id='34';
and then
INSERT INTO nagios_host_contacts SET instance_id='1', host_id='3',
contact_object_id='41' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE instance_id='1', host_id='3',
contact_object_id='41';

But the table structure states that only instance_id is a unique key
therefore nagios_host_contacts contains only the latest entry and not any
other host to contact information ...

So you need to change the nagios_host_contacts and nagios_service_contacts
tables by adding them as unique keys.

Sorry if this was already report ...

Seb.