[Nagios-devel] Nagios lying about host status?

Ahmon Dancy dancy at franz.com
Tue Jan 2 21:17:33 UTC 2007

>> Please read
>> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/checkscheduling.html#host_checks

Read it.

It claims: "One instance where Nagios checks the status of a host is
when a service check results in a non-OK status".

That statement could use some clarification.  Does it check the host
status each time a service check results in a non-Ok status, or only
when the service status changes?  (The former would be more
reasonable, IMHO, but the latter is what appears to be the case).

>> An easy solution for me is run check_ssh as _service check_ on each
>> host. So as soon as your host is responding to ssh its marked up again.
>> The host-check logic will be changed in future releases.

So is it stipulated that the current behavior is weird?