[Nagios-devel] Nagios lying about host status?

Ahmon Dancy dancy at franz.com
Tue Jan 2 18:32:42 UTC 2007

Hello.

I'm using 2.6 as packaged by Fedora Core 5.

I have a host that went through the following sequence of events:

service problem occured (which nagios noticed)
host was rebooted (which nagios noticed)
service problem persisted after reboot.

However, nagios did not notice that the host came back up.

In the host state information, it claims that it has been checking the
host regularly.. but it is never updating the host status.  I ran the
host checking command by hand (check_ping ...) and it reports proper
information.