[Nagios-devel] Nagios3 Performance Info

Thomas Stolle it0a60 at retail-sc.com
Tue Jan 2 13:07:20 UTC 2007

Dear List,

1.) sporadic I get negative values for check execution time in
"performance info" of nagios3. I can not reproduce this behaviour.

Check Execution Time:
-1167735239.71 sec
5.01 sec
-1307653.816 sec
Check Latency:
0.00 sec
162.52 sec
143.760 sec
Percent State Change:
0.00%
79.47%
0.88%

2.) Even with disabled hostchecks (no check_command in host definition)
the hostcheck-counter in "performance info" of nagios3 starts counting. I
can not find any entries of hostchecks in the logs. Thats why I think the
checks were not really executed. Also the hostcheck execution time is very
short (0.05 sec) .
I don't know if this is a bug, if it is new in Nagios 3 or if the same
behaviour can be found in Nagios 2, cause I can only compare to nagios1.2,
which does not offer performance info for hostchecks.

Thomas